Reporting Flooding

How To Report Flooding?

General / Watercourse Flooding:-

Report-a-Flood is an online tool which enables anyone to share information on current flooding issues, to help reduce the disruption flooding can have on people's lives and make communities more resilient -

Local authorities also have facilities for reporting flooding, via the either the local authority contact centre telephone number or sometimes via an online form, such as the Glasgow City Council Report a Flood webpage - GCC Report-a-Flood

Roads / Highways Flooding:-

Motorways and trunk roads - Transport Scotland provides a 24 hour Traffic Customer Care Line dedicated phone service that can be contacted by calling 0800 028 1414.

Local roads / highways flooding problems and blocked / damaged road drainage gullies can be reported to your local authority via either the local authority contact centre telephone number, a dedicated roads and lighting faults telephone number or sometimes via an online form or app.

Sewer Flooding:-

To report a flooding incident which appears to be contaminated with sewage, phone the Scottish Water Customer Helpline on 0800 0778 778 or use the form available onine here -




For all enquiries, please email